Thursday, May 30, 2013

Get Outdoors...Summer is Here...Do those Upgrades Now!

How can you improve the exterior of your property that are is cost effective and will give me a nice return if and when I decide to sell?  Where do I start???

Start by looking at all angles of the outside of your property.  What is visually appealing?  What needs to be changed?  What colors should I use?  Should I plant flowers, shrubs, greenery?  HELP!

Dakota Home Staging Professionals has some cost effective upgrades that will increase the value of your home.  Take a look:

* Architectural asphalt shingles IMPROVE heat efficiency.
* Gray slate pavers create an UPSCALE look on walkways and/or front steps
* Sidelights and a transom around a front door bring LIGHT into an entrance hall or foyer.
* Install dormers to add EYE-CATCHING APPEAL and introduce additional interior light, space and ventilation.
* My FAVORITE...Plant VINES that grow up the sides of your home to visually expand its dimensions, and introduce low-growing PLANTS around your home to ground it. LOVE IT!
* Install substantial hardware in a unified finish-OIL RUBBED BRONZE is my FAVORITE! Make sure door hands and knockers, house numbers and mailboxes are unified to give that polished, finished look.  It will really bring out the appeal of your outdoor exterior.
*Replace or pressure-clean worn or damaged aluminum, vinyl, wood or brick siding.  The RETURN ON INVESTMENT in most parts of the country is 100 percent or more.

Let me know what you think?  Try these ideas and let me know how they turned out.  I would love to hear all about your outdoor projects this summer!  Have FUN!

Regan Laughlin ASPM
Dakota Home Staging Professionals


No comments:

Post a Comment